I realize it may be cliché to do a Year in Review post, but I am glad I decided to. I started by looking through facebook photos to find the ones that highlighted the milestones. It was through this process that I realized what a great and eventful year it’s been.
- The new year was brought in peacefully–I was asleep by 9:30 NYE. Nick and I made a trip to Florida to see my parents and I was lucky enough to get there twice this year!
- In February, my handsome nephew was born and I was thrilled! I had to wait until Easter to meet him, but the love was instantaneous!
- I finished up school in May (finally)–made it through final reviews, Portfolio Presentations, and graduation!! School was hard, but the lessons I learned, about design and myself, are ones I will take with me forever. I made the most amazing friends during my time at Temple and created memories that I know will last forever.
- Of course this began a brand new chapter: finding a job. I took a couple of weeks off, then went on about 10-11 interviews over the course of a month. I got two job offers and, at the cost of passing the first up before getting an answer from the second, I went with my gut and was offered and accepted a position at MKJ Creative!
- July 4th was spent with Nick’s family down in Rehoboth and two days later, Nick and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! Going forth, we are using the date we had our first date as our marker; I am not okay with ignoring the first couple months we were together haha.
- That same day, July 6, I started work! It’s been an absolute blessing working at MKJ. I now work from home every day, I love the people I work with and the work that we do. I am so grateful that on Sunday night, when I think about having to work the next day, all I have to do is remind myself of what my job is… then I realize I still get to get up and do what I love. I may never make a ton of money, but that feeling is worth more than any paycheck.
- In August, after many apartment tours, Nick and I moved in together in Wilmington, DE. It has been such a wonderful experience so far and I couldn’t be happier that we took that step. I have learned so much about him, myself, and us. These first few months have been great and I can’t wait for the years to come!
- We welcomed a new little girl into our family. Harley Quinn was found by Nick’s sister’s coworker on the side of the road at just 8 weeks old. She was definitely rough around the edges, but is growing into a healthy, loving kitty (though still rough around the edges).
- The fall was pretty quiet, busy with work and getting settled in, but I was able to fly down to surprise my mom on Thanksgiving this year! Of course she was thrilled and I am always happy to see my parents (and brother!).
- I was all over the holiday season, of course. Nick and I got my first real Christmas tree and I had a blast decorating and getting ready for the holidays! Christmas itself was much needed and it was so wonderful to be with everyone for the day!
Tonight, we will be ringing in the New Year with friends at the shore–something I am very excited for.
Now to briefly touch on the coming year: 2016.
I tend to make resolutions every year, but I realized that there is so much I would want for the year ahead. So here it is:
My New Year’s Resolution is to keep making resolutions. Not just on January 1, but all throughout the year. I know 2016 is going to be a big one–I can feel it. There are so many things I’d love to see happen: to keep growing, evolving, and learning. I want to improve my daily life, my relationships, and my overall outlook.
So this New Year, I resolve to keep challenging myself, so I can break out of my comfort zone and reach new heights.
Have a Happy and Safe New Year everyone! Here is to the next 365 days of this wonderful life!